Monday, October 3, 2011

Taking the first few steps to a healthier you

Kick- start your plan on eating healthy! Here are a few key pointers that I use myself to get thinking in the right direction!
  •         Cut out soda as much as possible! Grab a water instead, it’s cheaper too!
  •          No late night snacks! Your body doesn't work off the calories like it does during the day. Try not to eat after 7 p.m. (FYI, that’s when Oprah Winfrey closes her kitchen)
  •          Eat sweets in moderation, don’t completely cut them out, some fat is good for your body!
  •          For a snack, grab some fruit instead of a bag of chips. Fruit is mostly water!
  •          Pick up some vitamins at the store and have them every day.

Question to consider: What are one or two tips you do in order to lead a healthier diet? What works for you and what doesn't?

1 comment:

  1. I eat out a lot -- lots of networking and business meals -- and I find that restaurant portions are HUGE and a real obstacle to losing weight. I make a point of only eating half of the portion served to me and taking the rest home for lunch/dinner the next day. And I skip the bread basket, unless the bread or rolls are baked at the restaurant. Why waste calories on store-bought bread?

    ReplyDelete